Monday, June 6, 2011

went to an adoption event

My wife and I went to the "Super Adoption" event in White Plains this weekend to look at dogs. First off, thanks to EVERYONE involved in putting it on. I was so happy and excited that I was nearly vibrating. I love dogs.

And did they ever have dogs there! There must have been 400 of them -- way more dogs than cats. Just about every size and shape, except for the giant dogs. There was only one mastiff, no great danes, saints, or newfies.

We found two dogs that we are interested in. Our first choice is a small coonhound who is just so calm and sweet. Second choice is a much bigger dog who is hound-and-something-big. Another exceedingly calm dog. If either dog has not been adopted, they're going to be at the shelter near us! Saying a (very selfish) prayer to St. Francis that we can get one of these dogs when our home renovation project is done next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment